Shop: http://www.lost-coast-designs.com/catalogue.html
Party Hats 2....http://www.lost-coast-designs.com/party.html
Party Hats 2....http://www.lost-coast-designs.com/party.html
Lost Coast Design Challenge
Christmas in July
I was delighted to be asked to Guest on Lost Coast Designs.
So i will make a project for July Challenge
Lost Coast have many very special different and unusual stamps.
So it was a challenge to make something Christmasy with what i already had.
So here we go:-
Materials
One sheet of dark green card
One sheet of white card
two die cut backers, green and white
Stamped images of Crown in green
Green Distressed Ink pad
Some green and red jewels
Sticky Back squares
Two die cut toppers one green and one white.
Sharp Scissors to cut the crowns.
Stamp is:- Horizontal Party Hats - Crown was used
Green Ribbon made into bow
How to make
1
Firstly I folded my Green A4 Card
I cut down my White card to A5
First i took my Crown stamp and using a Green Distressed Pad
I stamped around the white card.
Then stamped 20 little crown stamps...these were cut out to make the tree.
(As shown in picture l.) below.
1.
2.
I made a box for the tree to stand on, but decided at the
end to do away with it....so cut it off and put in in a very safe
place.....the bin.lol
I added my stamped white topper to the Green Card with Sticky Tape.
I sat and cut out the little crowns. Thank goodness i have a pair of very sharp small scissors.
I layered them upside down, starting at bottom working upwards, to make a tree
adding the last one to the top, like a crown.
2.
3
Using my Cuttlebug i die cut a green Backer and
then a smaller White backer from the same set.
Im not sure of the name of the Die as i bought it second hand....
The white one to be used as the backer for the tree...
3.
4
I added the two toppers to the stamped backing card
one on top of the other.....white at top...
Then added the tree on top with acrylic glue..
Then lastly a little green ribbon bow.
4.
5
The very last thing was to add on the jems.
Green around the die cuts and red ones for baubles on the tree..
I have added different angles so you can see that the
tree is bevelled....
One from each angle....
5
Here is a close up of the as it were branches..
Close up with the backers and bow..
Obviously from the side to see the layers
The End result..
So here we have my take on Christmas in July...
A nice wee Christmas tree, make by one Crown Stamp...
I do hope you like it...
Fiona x
If you would like to leave a comment that will be very appreciated.
Challenges i will enter with this project:-

No comments:
Post a Comment